CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Love You ...

I had to hijack this post to leave my wife an anniversary gift...

Meeting Jennifer was, and still is, the greatest thing that has happened in my life. I look back and remember the person that I was and how completely different my life has become since we met. I appreciate her understanding; I know that becoming a husband and a father was at times very clumsy for me, she stood by me. I appreciate how much she loves me; when she told me "I will go wherever you go" I knew I had met the person I had been waiting on for so long. I appreciate the easy way that she loves; she finds the goodness in people and loves them in spite of their faults. I appreciate her kindness; it is inspiring to see the joy she gets from helping out a friend, keeping a child whose parents are in a tough spot, running a meal over, or just sitting out front while the neighborhood kids (and ours) play, keeping watch over them all. She reminds me that a tender heart and a willing hand can make all the difference in the world.

I hope that our children can one day look back and see how much of her life she poured into theirs; I have never known a more devoted and loving mother. If I am the "rock" of our relationship, then she is the heart. She loves being a stay at home mom, she no longer worries about work hours or time off, she is there to love and raise our kids 24/7. Not only has she had to raise kids, but she has had to help raise me in the ways of being a parent. There are few things that have scared me more than the thought of not being a good dad; she has walked with me through all my growing pains and I appreciate her for that more than she could ever know.

Jennifer is the greatest blessing of my life...my greatest regret is my inability to remind her often enough, to show her often enough, to make her feel often enough, just how blessed I am to be her husband. I look forward to a lifetime of trying, I only know that I won't give up until I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great picture! cute earrings!!

Christy said...

I can't remember the date, but happy anniversary whenever it is! I'm glad you two got some alone time...you deserve it!

Jennifer said...

Awwww John, That made me cry! You are such a wonderful person & husband, thank you for the kind words and for 4 wonderful years. Happy Anniversary! I love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Big John laid it on thick. You are both very blessed to have found each other and I'm even more blessed because you're my family!! I love you and Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

I just saw that John changed your post - sneaky guy!! :) Aww, that is so sweet what he wrote and he's absolutely right -you're an amazing mom and friend, ALWAYS willing to help out anyone--I know that probably more than anyone else, especially after this past year!! You guys are a very special couple and I wish you a wonderful 4 year anniversary today!!! It is so evident in your lives how much you love each other and your kids!!

Farrar Family said...

Awwww!! That made me cry!!! I remember that wonderful day and look at the pics often!! Happy Anniversary!! Love you!!